FX +2 Listings & SageTV request

Discussion of my XMLTV Radio Times grabber
SidKnee

FX +2 Listings & SageTV request

Post by SidKnee » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:53 pm

I may need my eyes testing but I can't see any listings for the new time shifted FX channel, even after regenerating the channel list. Am I going blind or are the BBC not listing this for some reason? :?

Alan - several channels are now available time shifted, but the BBC programme information can differ slightly on the shifted channel. If they are not identical SageTV thinks the programmes are different so it ends up recording episodes twice (once on the main channel then again on the +1 etc.) I know that it's possible to use the Sourceforge XMLTV grabber to create an identical time shifted channel listing but there's quite a bit of scripting involved for each channel.

Do you think that you could incorporate the local generation of time shifted listings into your XMLTV application? Or even some method to overwrite the programme information on the shifted channel so it's identical to the main channel? Could your contact at the BBC have a word and see if they can resolve this at their end?

I know it's very application specific, but you've been extremely helpful to us SageTV users in the past :wink: and it would make your already magnificent application even better! [grovel, grovel]

Cheers,
SidKnee

alanbirtles
Site Admin

Post by alanbirtles » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:59 pm

yes radio times only has the standard FX available, however in version 3 it shouldn't be too difficult to generate a +1 (or any other time) channel by creating a simple lua script
edit: this is definately not something i will be adding to v2

SidKnee

Post by SidKnee » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:46 pm

Thanks Alan - great news to hear that there's hope for this in V3 :D

Cheers,
SidKnee